We are a church community that loves each other and grows together. We follow after Christ as we worship, study, pray, play and share our lives. We are committed to joining in God’s mission of love, grace, healing and transformation for our town and for our world.
We exist to serve Jesus Christ in our community and the rest of the world through worship, education, mission, and service.
We believe that the invitation to life with Christ is for all. We are a community of faith and hope that treasures our past, takes joy in today, and is excited about the future God has for us. We look for opportunities to grow in depth of faith and breadth of service through worship, discipleship programs for all ages, and an outreach of love and compassion in Redmond and beyond.
Our Presbyterian Identity and Beliefs
Community Presbyterian Church is a member of the Cascades Presbytery within the Presbyterian Church (USA). Presbyterians trace our historical and theological lineage to the Reformation in the 16th century and our roots in North America to the 17th century.
Our beliefs are consistent with the ancient creeds of the church, the catechisms, and confessions of the Reformation, and have been shaped in more recent confessions and statements of faith. Our beliefs are comprehensively collected in our Book of Confessions
Community Presbyterian Church began as the First Presbyterian Church of Redmond on November 25, 1906, with ten charter members. The first meetings were held in a rented hall over Lamb's Feed Store. It wasn't until 1912 that the first church building was completed and dedicated on June 30 of that year.
The First Presbyterian Church of Redmond and the Methodist church merged in 1929 to become Redmond Community Presbyterian Church. A Moller pipe organ was purchased in 1953 to replace an organ made in Worchester, Massachusetts around 1870 which is now designated as a historic piece by the Deschutes County Historical Society.
In 1978 the church purchased property on Northwest Way (now NW 19th St.), our present location, for the purpose of building a new church building. The old building was sold and the congregation met temporarily at Redmond High School through February of 1980. The first worship service was held in the Fellowship Hall of the new building on March 2, 1980. The sanctuary was completed for Easter Sunday in 1986 and was dedicated on May 18, 1986.
In 2006 the church celebrated the 100th birthday of Community Presbyterian Church.